We had so much fun learning about apples. Thank you to everyone who sent in apples for us. We made home made apple sauce. It was funny watching them try brown sugar. Many did not like it. I was surprised. When the apple sauce we took it outside along with a good book and enjoyed the nice weather and our warm apple sauce.
We borrow an apple peeler from Ms. B down the hall. It sure made peeling all of those apples a lot easier. The kids really enjoyed turning the handle and measuring the long apple peels!
Now we have all of our apples peeled. We added brown sugar, some white sugar, some cinnamon and water and we let the apples cook almost all day.
Here is our finished apple sauce. It was warm and yummy!
We took this opportunity to take our apple sauce outside along with our favorite books to enjoy a little snack and reading out in the nice fall weather.
We were able to watch a short movie about apples before we went home. Our room smelled wonderful and we learned so much during his unit.
I also wanted to thank our special mystery reader last Friday. I didn't mention it in the newsletter. I feel terrible about that. Regan's mom was our Mystery Reader and she read a great book called If You Give a Moose a Muffin and even brought in a stuffed moose to help her read the story. The children loved the story. Thank you parents for all you do to support your child's education!