Sunday, August 26, 2012

Finding our songs on You Tube

I know I said I would update the blog again this weekend but I ran out of time!  I did want to post how you can find some of the kids favorite songs we use in class.  If you go to You Tube and type in Jack Hartman you will find the ABC Sound Song that we are using to learn our letter sounds, The Vowel Song and The Pirate Song.  They love these.  There is also a Chicken Counting song they love.  You can also do a search for Harry Kindergarten and find lots of great learning songs. 
 
 


This week I am using the Smart Board for several math and reading activities.  The children earn time on the Smart Board for Being Safe, Being Responsible and Being Respectful.  I will have time at the end of the day for the students to cash in there points for time on the Smart Board.  This gives them the opportunity to earn something special for remember the rules. 

I will post more pictures tomorrow.  I was busy copying "popcorn words" (you will see those in their backpacks this week) and color words.  Our first popcorn word (these are site words) is AND and our first color word is RED.  We will add more words every week.

I will leave you with this pledge to you and to your child.

 
I loved this when I saw it.